I'm posting here since it's being sold a lot on eBay so maybe someone can see this before buying.
It's pretty crappy. I mean, it's alright but:
- Requires 5V supply, no regulation.
- No battery backup. Some kits for not much more money have battery
- Beeper is frighteningly loud with no volume control
- 24 hour mode only, as far as I can tell.
- It has alarms but it's unclear exactly how they work, set mode just lets you set registers A through I, A is hours, B is minutes, some of them are "on" or "off, some others are hours and minutes of which surely some are the alarm (or alarms), but there's no instructions.
- There's no way to mute the alarm as far as I can tell. It screams bloody murder for 10 seconds or so then stops.
So yeah, I'm going to keep looking. I like clocks and may use this for something but I think it would be more fun to design my own.