Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Thing #13453 – and some cleanup work on the printer

In preparation for taking the printer to Windycon, I modified my power jack holder to also hold a little coaxial connector for a smaller power supply and uploaded it as a derivative work to Thingiverse.
Since I had the printer partially apart to install this, I also did a ton of cleanup on the printer, rerouting wires, resquaring things, cutting the Y axis smooth rod down to the proper size (I used a cutoff wheel in an angle grinder this time, MUCH faster than a Dremel tool (30 seconds instead of 10 minutes) though somewhat scarier.

No comments:

New printer: JGAurora A3

This week I decided I'd had it with all the other printers in my stable.  The CTC is stable and decent but it just bugs me (can't st...